Taking good care of your Gravid weighted blanket over time will help you get the most benefit from it for years to come. Here are some helpful care tips that are also easy to follow. Spills and stains can impact the integrity of the outer cover. Severe spills may also soil the inner blanket. Knowing how to clean your Gravid will also reduce dust and allergen build up.
How to wash the outer removable cover
- Open the zipper and remove the inner weighted blanket.
- The outer cover can be washed in your machine on a cool, gentle cycle.
- Use a small amount of liquid detergent taking care that you do not use any bleach or whitening agent.
- Tumble dry on a cool setting. Before the outer cover is completely dry take it out of the dryer and hang to complete the drying process.
How to wash the inner weighted blanket
Important: The inner portion of the weighted blanket is not machine washable.
- Unzip the outer cover and remove the inner weighted blanket.
- Fill your bath tub, large plastic tub or laundry basin halfway with tepid water.
- Add a mild detergent, preferably one used on delicate fabrics or even bubble bath. Avoid using harsh chemicals, as this can damage the fabric fibres and batting/filling (mixed with the weighted pellets).
- Activate the detergent by sloshing your hands in the water and then submerge the inner weighted blanket fully. Do not use any bleach or whitening agent.
- Leave the inner blanket in the bath and drain the water. Add a fresh batch of water and rinse the blanket repeatedly. Ensure there is no soap residue left in the blanket.
- Once you have rinsed properly, squeeze out the excess water by rolling the blanket as tightly as possible without wringing. Do this repeatedly.
- Hang the blanket outside in the sun (or on a banister) and go back every half hour to shake it out and redistribute the weight.
Regular vacuuming of the Gravid using a handheld attachment during your regular cleaning cycles at home is a also an easy way to remove dust and allergen build up.
Your Gravid weighted blanket is the centerpiece of your relaxation ritual. It's important to protect your investment by following these simple tips, so you can experience optimal comfort for years to come.